General Policies and ProceduresThe Rules and Policies for Olympia Gymnastic Training Centers were created to answer basic questions about our operating procedures. They are for your benefit and the welfare of our total program. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – for first time students
We offer the following guarantee because we believe we have the best children’s program in the St. Louis Metropolitan area. If within your family’s first four weeks of classes you are not entirely happy with our programs, we will happily refund 100% of your tuition for the month (or apply it as credit toward another Olympia program). Note that our money-back guarantee is intended for families brand new to Olympia Gymnastic Training Centers
We at Olympia Gymnastic Training Centers are proud of our professional staff; most of whom have been safety certified and continue to update their professional growth and safety training. This is important in gymnastics as well as in other sports where the possibility of injury exists due to the nature of the activity. An injury may be anything from a bruise, a broken bone, or permanent disability (possibly paralysis), or even death. We take special steps to assure reasonable safety, but this does not assure that the children will never be injured.
It is the policy of Olympia Gymnastic Training Centers to provide instruction, services, merchandise and products to our customers on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, handicap, national origin, or age.
- General Activities Waiver
- Employment Application
- Private Lessons Parent Information
- Party Rules & Policies
Student Evaluations – Evaluations are used to determine their current skill level and to help determine the best class for them. Each child is different and it may take longer to progress and complete the skill requirements for each level. If you have concerns or questions about your child’s progress, please ask your individual instructor.
Communication – We communicate through various platforms, announcements in the lobby, handouts, email, social media, texting, and our website. You can find scheduled gym closings and special announcements on the dry-erase/bulletin boards located in the lobby. Get plugged in by liking us on Facebook/Instagram, make sure you are signed up to receive email and texts, and visit our website for upcoming events. Parents are responsible for checking for updated information on these platforms.
Lost and Found – Please ask the office staff where the Lost & Found box is kept in your gym. It is emptied the first of every month and sent to a charitable organization. Please check it often.
Food and Drink – No food, drink, or gum/candy is permitted in the gym workout area.
Cubbies – Cubbies are available by our entrance for shoes, clothing, etc. The cubbies are provided as a convenience to our customers, however, Olympia is not responsible for items left unattended in cubbies/lobby area.
Photos – We love celebrating the accomplishments of our gymnasts by taking photos and videos and posting them on our bulletin boards and company social media accounts (Facebook/Instagram). Some photos are even highlighted in our marketing materials such as brochures, website, special event flyers, etc. The privacy of our students is very important to us and it is our policy to refrain from posting a child’s full name or any other personal information with their pictures. If you prefer your child’s image not be used at any time, please let the office know.
Parking Lot Safety – Due to the possibility of parking lot break-ins, we highly recommend you do not leave valuables in your car and make sure your car is locked when unattended.
Procedures for Productive Classes
- Please be on time for class – This is extremely important! At the beginning of class, we do warm-ups, take roll, cover safety rules, and explain special announcements. If you are running late, please ask an office staff member to walk your child into the gym.
- Regular attendance is important – Gymnastics is a sport that uses progressions to build skills and missing classes may cause your child to fall behind the rest of the class.
- Students only in the gym – Only participating students are permitted in the gym area during class time (unless otherwise instructed). Students are not allowed on any of the equipment before or after their class unless supervised by an instructor. Parents are asked not to converse with the students while in a class situation. Parents are more than welcome to stay and watch from the viewing areas, (there may be some restrictions during COVID).
- Attire for classes and special activities – We recommend girls wear leotards or elastic waist shorts and t-shirt. The boys are required to wear elastic waist shorts with no buttons, buckles or zippers. Students participate barefoot and with bare legs (no leg tights, please). Hair that is long enough to be pulled back needs to be securely tied up to assure safety for the student and instructor.
- No jewelry please – Jewelry of any kind is not allowed in the gym. It can be dangerous to students, instructors, and can damage the equipment. We are not responsible for any belongings left in the facility. Please leave valuable items at home.
In the event of inclement weather and it is necessary to cancel classes, you will be notified in the following ways:
- Watch local news (Channels 2, 4 or 5) in the morning for the specific school closings. If your school district is closed for the day due to poor road conditions, we will not have classes from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Please contact your specific gym for the school district they follow. (This does not include school closings due to frigid temperatures).
- Facebook is one of our main forms of communication about everything gym related, including weather cancellations. Become a Facebook fan at www.facebook.com/OlyGyms/ and your gym location.
- We will attempt to contact all students and reschedule cancelled classes.
- Call our office for a recorded closing message.
- Check our website (www.olympiagymnastics.org) for updates on weather closings.
Make-ups are a privilege that we are happy to offer if space is available, however, make-ups are not a right to our customers. We will make every effort to assist you in finding a suitable make-up class, but they are subject to availability. Make-up classes must be scheduled within 30 days of the missed class. We prefer the make-up be taken in the same week in order to take advantage of the same lesson plan. Make-up classes for vacations or pre-planned absences may be made up before the missed class. We do not issue refunds for missed classes. This policy may vary slightly by location.
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT PROCEDURES
Our program is a year round program and it is important to realize the value of our programs is usually recognized over a period of time. Your tuition payments pays for the emotional, social, and physical development that your child receives, not in a specific number of lessons, but continually throughout the year. Below you will find the answers to frequently asked questions about payment procedures.
Schedule note: Summer class schedule can differ from the school year schedule, so you may need to select a new class at the beginning of each school year and at the beginning of summer.
Classes or Activities Registration
Registration is available in person, online through our parent portal, or by phone. Payment is expected at time of registration for classes, camps, and special activities. As you are registering, you will need to enroll in our Autopay system where you will be required to enter and save a credit/debit card number allowing us to automatically charge your tuition on a monthly basis and membership fee when it is due. Payment options include MasterCard®, Discover®, VISA©, American Express®, debit card, check, or cash.
is our online payment system that allows payments for classes to be received in a timely manner. We have taken specific steps in ensuring that our online Gateway allows for secure entering of our customer’s credit card. Our customers can update their card at any time online OR can call in and give our office personnel the updated information. Once you have paid your initial registration fee and first month’s tuition, Auto pay will begin the 25th day of the following month of enrollment.
- It is required of all current customers to have a card on file (payment options include MasterCard®, Discover®, VISA©, American Express®, or debit card), but if a customer feels strongly that they do not want their card charged on the last business day of the month, they will have the option of paying by cash or check BEFORE the 25th day of the month. The card on file WILL BE CHARGED if payment is not received.
- If payment is not received by the 1st of the month, you may be subject to losing your spot in class. If there are any changes that need to be made to the account (e.g. incorrect charge or a refund), our bookkeepers have the ability to correct any charges as necessary. However, since our records have a secure (encrypted) number only, the bookkeepers will need to call the customer for the full card number in order to make a change or refund. The change or refund will show up on your account within 5 business days.
- Please note: A $25.00 service charge will be applied for all returned checks. All accounts sent to our collection agency are subject to a $35.00 collection fee.
Annual Registration Fee
This charge is due upon initial registration and on your anniversary date thereafter. This fee defrays administrative costs and covers a portion of our insurance. This fee is typical in sports and community centers throughout the country. For example, if you registered in March 2021, you will again be responsible for the Registration Fee in March 2022. You will receive a notification when the annual registration is due. For individual students, the cost is $45.00 per year and $61.00 for families with two or more children.
Discounts for Siblings and Multiple Classes/programs
We offer several discounts for siblings and multi-programs
Multi-Family Discount: Multi-sibling discount is set up so only the first child pays full price, 2nd child receives 20% off, 3rd child receives 30% off and 4th child receives 50% off.
Multiple Program Discount: If a student participates in multiple programs (i.e. gymnastics/ninja, gymnastics/tumbling, or ninja/tumbling), he or she will receive a 20% discount on the second class or program.
Joining a class after the month begins is no problem, as long as there is vacancy; tuition will be prorated relative to the starting date.
Leaving our Program
We care about you! Please come see us with any comments, questions, or concerns about your child’s class. However, in the event you wish to leave our program, customers are required to either drop their child from their class online or notify us in writing by the 15th of the previous month that they will not be continuing. This ensures we are able to offer another student a place in class.
Subject to Changes
Some dates and fees are subject to change each new year. If any changes are made to our policies or waiver of liability, we will notify customers via email